Saturday, September 1, 2007

A Night With Gigi


So tonight we went out to dinner at the Green Mill with Gigi, and it was great! Kaden was a little tired so he wasn't all happy to be out, but he was okay. Kaden took a bad fall today at Wal-Mart. He was standing in the cart... in the seat part. And i was holding him while tickling him, and as i went to reach for my purse, he went to sit down... he fell to the side and right out of the cart. He only cried for about 30 seconds, but i felt soo bad (and a little embarrassed). But hes okay, thankfully. Today i bought a bike, and we went for a bike ride. It was fun! So im excited to ride it to school, maybe pick him up for daycare and such. so, yay for us! I gotta go study some Mass Media stuff... later gater

3 comments:

Iguana Banana said...

OMG - I bet you were a little freaked out, huh?! I'm sure it won't be the last time you have a "dumb mom" moment. I'm glad that he's ok.
How great that you guys got to go out for pizza. Nothing beats a night out... especially when someone else pays...?

Nonna said...

I love the picture, you must have got him just as he was biting into a pickle!

I know how you feel about his fall. I can still remember very vividly the day you crawled up on the counter to get something in the cupboard and you fell straight back onto the floor of the kitchen. I think you were about 4. I was terrified something horrible was going to come of it. As a mom you always feel you have to be right there all the time, but that's just impossible. Even now with you hundreds of miles away, I feel like I should be there to help you! But you're doing a GREAT job!

I'm glad you got a bike...that will be good exercise for you. Do you have a bike lock?

Keep blogging! Love you...MOM

Gigi said...

Actually he was biting a lemon wedge, he would make a terrible face and then do it again. We had a great time except for the screaming. I don't know why he screams, it's sort of an attention getter. Maybe we should get him a job in the horror movies, he is that good!

I loved your account of trying to study by the lake. You may get used to the lake but you will never lose your awe of the beauty, winter and summer.

Your blog is great and I really enjoy reading it and seeing the pictures - keep them coming.

Love you both, Gigi
(That's short for great grandma)