Thursday, August 30, 2007

Just Another Day




So today was pretty ordinary, except for 2 things that happened. first, at dinner kaden was eating a hot dog. I cut them into pretty small slices, and started cutting them in half while he grabbed one and stuck it in his mouth. Usually he can chew them, but for some reason he just swallows it and starts gagging a little bit. So I'm watching to see if hes gonna spit it back out (keep in mind he IS still breathing) but he doesn't, instead he goes into full on CHOKING... literally choking. I'm like totally freaking out!! in a matter of like 3 seconds or less i pick him up and tip him on tummy in the air, it he spit that damn hot dog right out. i was crying. i thought he was going to die. it was sad. but he didn't, and hes still alive. and to prove it i have attached a photo above taken just minutes ago. He sleeping...or maybe not! ;)

okay well, that was just ONE thing that happened today. so... the second is that after dinner i messing around with the TV trying to get it working so we could watch monster inc. Right as i plug something in the fire alarms went off, not it out apartment, but in out WHOLE building, and the building next to us. We all had to be evacuated. And mom and them all know what i do when i am at home by myself... i take off my pants. i don't like pants, i just don't. i feel more free or something i don't know. (tmi right dad and Nance?) SO.. again for the SECOND time today, i was freaking out!! I was scrambling to put my pants on (i had to find them first), grab my shoes, grab kadens shoes, and my cell. it would have been funny to see. So that was my day, all of them up here have been interesting already. That all for now. gonna go read some global pollution stuff. *yawn

5 comments:

Nonna said...

Oh my - you have had an exciting day!!! I'm glad you all survived the day. You know how mom's always tell their kids to wear clean underwear in case you're in an accident and go to the hospital? Well, maybe I should have raised you by telling you to keep your pants on in case the fire alarm goes off!!! Love Mom

kelseyandkaden said...

haha...thats sooooo funny. hey... you never told me to wear clean underwear?? what kind of mother are you? ;)

Iguana Banana said...

OMG! I had that choking thing happen with all 3 of my girls. it's scary as hell. (obviously, they survived it, but it made me a nervous wreck around "choke-ables."
Then, all 3 girls have done the crying-so-hard-that-they-hold-their-breath-until-they-pass-out-and-you-are-certain-that-they-are-dead-because-they-are-not-breathing-and-their-eyes-roll-into the-back-of-their-heads-and-they-go-limp-in-you-arms.
I love being a mom.
Why don't people tell you that these things can happen - good grief!

Iguana Banana said...

OMG! I had that choking thing happen with all 3 of my girls. it's scary as hell. (obviously, they survived it, but it made me a nervous wreck around "choke-ables."
Then, all 3 girls have done the crying so hard that they hold their breath until they pass out and you are certain that they are dead because they are not breathing and their eyes roll into the back of their heads and they go limp in you arms.
I love being a mom.
Why don't people tell you that these things can happen - good grief!

kelseyandkaden said...

thats funny...